Me and Tylie riding the carousal at Superstition Mall
Last week Dallas went to New York for work and I was having such a hard time with Tylie that I thought I would go up to Mesa. I had some things I needed to do for the weekend up there, so I finished teaching my classes at the gym then headed up.
One of the things I love about Mesa is that everything is so close. There are so many malls, restaurants, shops etc... to choose from that are right around the corner. In Tucson I am used to driving at least 30 minutes to where I need to go.
My friend Amber (who I hadn't seen in forever!) came to the mall to meet us with her two boys JR and Brenner. I hadn't even met little Brenner yet and he is such a cute sweet baby.
JR loved the Chick-fil-a cow. Tylie, not so sure!
My mom watched Tylie for me so I could go out one night. Regan and I went to Chevy's then to Bahama Bucks. She had so much product in her hair that it could stand on its own!
The real reason why I had to go up to Mesa was to participate in the 5K I signed up for, for colon cancer. My friend Susan (who was my roomate at UofA for a semester) just found at she has colon cancer. She has been a runner and active her whole life, young, and taken good care of herself. It doesn't make sense but she has had such a positive attitude about this. She is my hero!Along with my mother-in-law who has been battling colon cancer for about 12 years now. Cathy has also been so positive and I have always been amazed at her faith through this huge trial in her life. She is such an amazing women!
I just recently found out that my friend Heather Boulter's sister Briana also has colon cancer. So... I ran for these women and although it was not much, I am glad I contributed to the donations for colon cancer because it is definitely taking over many people's lives.
Oh and by the way, remind anyone you know over 50 to go and get that colonoscopy! :)
The run was called the "Undies 500" so people came in their underwear to run. This was the picture of Susan on our shirts we wore. I thought it was pretty cute!



5 comments:
Wow, you know a lot of people with colon cancer. That's cool you did the run. How did your friend find out she had colon cancer? I always wonder about that. What if you get it before the the "recommended ages." You just don't find out until it's pretty bad?
That was really a great thing to do for the people that you care about. I hope all of them will recover and everything will turn out well. I love the flying undies picture!
yea for you!!! so, was it easier running with a purpose? Or is it still hell?
we miss you!
How fun, and way to go on the 5k. We should find one in tucson sometime and run together! Also, I still want to take you out for a late bday thing, but i knew you were gone last week and this week has been super busy for me. Maybe the week after Thanksgiving??
good for you doing that 5k run! i couldn't make it..i'm not in that good of shape! well i am prego...but even before..there is noway! thats amazing i think. and for such an amaing cause :)
Post a Comment