CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 26, 2008

Chicago/Milwaukee (longest post ever!!)

We had been anticipating this trip for a while now. A few months ago I told Dallas that I hope Tylie gets really hard before we go so it won't be hard to leave her because she had been so cute and fun. Well be careful what you wish for! The week before we went on our trip we had been to the doctor's three times, she had two catheters, two enemas, suppositories, xrays and a visit to the meanest doctor I have even encountered to which I left crying! Tylie had been in pain and it was getting worse each day. She is doing better now but this is all a different story. On to our trip!!
Dallas's district won a trip to Milwaukee so we decided to add on a couple days and go to Chicago first since I had never been there. We had so much fun...
On the train into the city I couldn't help but notice this guy looked a lot like someone. Any guesses? If you said LEO you are correct! It is not the greatest picture but the more I looked at him he really did look like Leonardo Dicaprio. Don't worry, I made it look like I was taking a picture of Dallas so he didn't know I was stalking him.
The first night we walked down to Navy Pier. There were fireworks over the water and we got ice cream cones and went on the Ferris Wheel. The weather was perfect. I packed tons of sweaters and scarves but all we needed were t-shirts and jeans.
The next day we just walked around the city. There are some really neat buildings.
We had lunch at a little french cafe on the river.
I wanted to ride the boat down the river like on "My Best Friends Wedding" but we ran out of time.
This is the hotel we stayed at. It was right in the heart of Chicago on Magnificent Mile
Have you ever seen these guys? They act like robots. It reminded me of San Fran.


We went to the top of the Hancock building. If you are afraid of heights this would not be your thing. I was getting a little woozy up there. You can feel the building swaying. This picture was taken at the top.


I had to talk Dallas out of getting this Chicago Bears old fashion helmet

Last day in Chicago walking across the river.
We took a train to Milwaukee for the rest of the trip given by Pfizer.
The first night we had a great dinner in the hotel.
Me and Trisha
Then the group walked around town
Us and our friends Paul and Trish
The girls with Fonzie?!

Here is the moment we had been waiting for! The RUN THROUGH THE WAREHOUSE!!
Dallas and his District got 75 seconds to run through and grab whatever they wanted. They took this very seriously! Dallas had been doing sprints every night to get in shape for this moment. Ha! It was so exciting.
We walked through for 20 minutes before they ran to see what there was and pick out the "must haves". Just to name a few things we got... TV, DVD player, GPS system, pots and pans, ipod, telescope... Dallas ended up getting 25 items! His boss went crazy and grabbed 38 (and he was the sick one!)
The whole Pfizer District

The last day we walked around Milwaukee. It really is a pretty city too. I was impressed. Someone had warned me how ghetto it is so I wasn't expecting much but the area we were in was nice.


This is the hotel Pfizer put us up in called the Pfister
Wowzas!
The trip couldn't have been better! A special thanks to my mom for watching Tylie and going broke after buying her all the princess dolls for each time she went poop! :)






13 comments:

Rennie said...

So tell us...what did you get from the warehouse?!

Jake and Lynn said...

Seriously that trip looked like sooo much fun! I think the only way to make it better would have been to go on Oprah, but non the less it looked like a blast. Yeah We're coming up oct. 25 and staying until nov 1. We should get together!!!

audrey said...

You are always doing something fun. You live the best life! :) I want to see you soon. Is Tylie all better? Poor baby.

Taylor and Stephanie Haught said...

AH! I am glad you had such an amazing time on your trip. You guys deserve it after all you've been through with Tylie lately. Poor thing, and poor you! I hope she is doing better!

Trisha said...

THAT TRIP WAS SO MUCH FUN, I wish we could have done the Chicago part too, but oh well!! I loved your "longest post ever", you got some good pics of the cities!! Those boys need to keep winning awards, bc that was FUN!

Annie and Jason said...

So glad you guys had fun! I LOVE your teal long sleeve shirt, where did ya get it?? The coooold is coming. Very jealous of all the cool stuff you guys got. Way to go Dallas!!

Marci said...

That sounds like SO much fun!

RegaNater said...

No that looks nothing like leo. You are one crazy girl! That trip looks like so much fun. Next your going to Europe and I am so excited for you all! Your going to have so much fun in Paris! Its the best!

Jeff and Kim Foulger said...

I had fun with Tylie!! She sang all the disney princess songs for me. Only one left to get.....Jasmine!! Glad you guys had fun and thanks for my cute purse!

Rachael said...

LUCKY!!! That looks like it was a blast. Can i go next time!?

Jensen Family said...

how fun! a trip with out the kiddo! i need one of those :) the city looks so pretty! i've never been. and way to go dallas for grabbing those sweet things at the warehouse!!

The Need for a National Umbilical Cord Database said...

I just need to know how many shoes Dallas packed on that trip. If it was more than three than he's metrosexual for sure!

Kelly said...

I'm glad you posted about the trip - I was wanting details since you said it was so much fun. Eating in a French Cafe by the river - and you say dallas is not romantic! I can't believe Dallas got so much stuff - that's amazing. And in 75 seconds. I thought he had 3 minutes for some reason...what was I thinking. I am going to get Ami from school early Thursday so we can take Tylie and play all day. :)