CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Crazy girl!!

Like every mom, there is not a day that goes by that my child does not test my patience. Okay I know I was a problem child and I threw a LOT of fits. Pay back?? Just thought I would share my day...
So I tell Tylie we are going to Target and the mall to find a baby shower gift. We make it to Target. After she tries on all the shoes we head over to the baby clothes. Not five minutes into shopping Tylie is undressing and attempting to put a dress on that she finds. I tell her no. It took me all morning just to get her own clothes on her. After she yells at me, hits me, runs away from me, and rolls her eyes at me I decide enough! I dropped the stuff and ran out of there, Tylie half naked kicking and screaming. She screams all the way home that she wants to go to the mall! Haha, ya right.
We get home and she immediately wants to put on her Sleeping Beauty dress. Okay sure. Then comes another fit. The dress bothers her. So take it off. Nope she wants to wear it that bad so she suffers through the uncomfortable dress. After a few more fits, finally nap time!
Okay I know she is three. They throw fits. As I walk away from putting her to bed I think "At least she pooped today!" I can take fits over her holding in her poop for 7 days like last week :) Oh Tylie, you are so crazy, but that's why I love you!!

11 comments:

Taylor and Stephanie Haught said...

Oh, Laura, you poor thing!! Just keep in mind that it does get better...I promise!! I miss Tylie already, just send her to me for a few days!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe tell her Natalie likes to wear one outfit a day and never throws fits at Target? :) I miss you guys.

Trisha said...

oh sounds like a rough day! We have all been there...later in life you will look back and laugh about today! :)

The Simmons Six said...

It sounds like I got the right gender given to me from Heavenly Father. I don't know if I could be as patient as you are. Good luck and know that I am rooting for you.

Annie and Jason said...

Laura you crack me up. Hopefully I get to meet this child of yours someday. She is a hoot! One day she will laugh reading your blog enteries, hopefully sooner rather than later right;)

Ashlie said...

Tylie . . . don't make me come over there.

She is quite the little character. I love her little laugh.

rachel lee said...

Thats AMAZING...

Rachael said...

Please don't tell me comebacks are true!!! The combination of Houston and I as children is enough to make me want to NEVER have kids!

Just tell her, "Tylie, you look wonderful!" It gets me to stay in my outfits when she says that to me!

Emily Asay said...

I hurt for you every time I read about your struggles with Tylie but i have to admit i feel an insy bit of relief because Stetson has his days too that make me a crazy woman and I honestly don't think I have what it takes. Love you, hang in there sista :)

RegaNater said...

Laura, your making me so excited to be a mom. If Tylie didn't crack me up so much, I think I may have read this post and started hyperventalating. Love ya girl!!!

Juliette Beecroft said...

Oh Laura I miss you my friend. Life is a lot more elegant in our head huh! I am finally posting on our blog. I'm finding it's very therapeutic to post all the crap that happens in motherhood. I mean that literally as well lol. Take care and hang in there.