CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I Need Advice

I need advice from all you moms out there. This may sound silly, but I can't decide whether to keep Tylie in her room next to us or move her farther away to put the baby closer to us. I know, sounds like an easy decision, but I just can't decide!! Anyone have any bad experiences with moving the older kid to a different room? I feel like Tylie might not like that. Last night she tried sleeping in the "new" room with the big bed and when I went to bed I saw her sleeping on the floor back in her old room. If I don't move her than the baby will be farther away from our room. I don't know what to do. Any advice would help!

11 comments:

Emily Asay said...

Tylie seems more sensitive about her sleeping situation than the new baby will be I'm sure. Kandace sleeps downstairs in the living room while we sleep upstairs because I can't sleep very good when she's in our room. I hear her every move--but I know its hard to have your new babe so far away for the first little while.

Emily Asay said...

so if u did end up moving tylie, she'd adjust I'm sure

Ashlie said...

I would just suggest if you are moving her to make sure you do it early enough she's adjusted before the baby gets here or she might feel like the baby took her room. ;)

Cody, Ashley, Rilyn, Casen, Brigg, and Brooks said...

Maybe if you make her new room special she wont have a problem with moving. Make her feel like its an extra special thing to move into the new room. You could probably let her help you set up the babys room too so that she can see that her old room is for the baby.

Trisha said...

Heres my advice...is you do decided to move her, definitely do it now before the baby comes so she doesnt feel like she got "kicked out" by the baby. But the rooms arent too far apart from eachother...so Im sure if she wont move the baby wont be too far. Good luck!

Taylor and Stephanie Haught said...

I agree with your other friends. If it were me, I would move Tylie. You are going to want the new baby close to you. Believe me those 5 extra steps you will have to make to her room will really matter when you are doing it 10 times a night! And when the baby screams at night Tylie is less likely to hear it if she is further away. I also agree that you should do it sooner rather than later, that way if Tylie fights it you will have time to work out all the kinks. Make it a big event, make it really special! I wish I was there to help you, I would love to decorate a new little girl's room!

Kasey said...

I think either way will be fine. Having the baby closer is easier, but moving everything is a pain too. Kylee is further from us because that room was bigger than Todd's. Frankly, girls need more room, right? But since you're having another girl, that doesn't apply so much. Oh decisions. Good luck.

Kristen said...

I don't know what to do, I only have one. BUT...I am commenting on your blog so you know we are still friends. =) Here is my random deal a day site:
www.mamabargains.com

The Gardners said...

Well, I only have Carson, but it seems like Tylie will have enough adjusting to do in a couple of months that she may find comfort in her familiar own space. But, on the other hand, you may want to rip the band-aid off now while you can still focus on her! Wow, I've really been helpful :) ha ha!

Emily Asay said...

ok so i know this is like my 10th comment on this post, BUT I know u have a cute belly and you're totally hiding it from us, so i wanna see a pic!!! come on!

The Ayers Family said...

We had our oldest help us set up the crib, screwdriver in hand and everything. We got him a new big bed and made a huge deal out of him growing up. When I finally had our second son, he was in our room for a couple months, in his own room for a few months and then I ended up putting them together anyway. They are both pretty deep sleepers which I think helps, but I love that they will grow up together! Is it even possible to have your girls share a room? We kept the empty room as a playroom for a long time. Kleven had it all to himself for a while- kind of like his own little escape and now it's my craft room/ guest room since we've put the boys in a bunk bed and they have space to play in their room now. I guess I could have kept this short by just saying you're bound to change things around sooner or later! :)